The Head of Marketing and Communication will be responsible for leading, coordinating and implementing IPM’s marketing and communications efforts, including but not limited to PR at the corporate level and across IPM’s investment strategies. The role encompasses designing and implementing all areas of marketing, PR and communications, as well as continually enhancing IPM’s brand.
The role will report to the Head of Business Development and will work in close partnership with individuals across the Clients team as well as selected investment professionals across the firm. This will enable the candidate to be furnished with all necessary information to formulate and deliver a concise and comprehensive international marketing & communication strategy
The individual will also be responsible for producing material to support client facing activities including one-pagers, marketing presentations, newsletters, website content, proposal templates as well as other related documents. The Head of Marketing and Communication will have the responsibility for delivering an outstanding quality of external communication across multiple media and will be responsible for IPM’s relationships with journalists. Other complementary angles to the role will be attending conferences, drafting documents, working with website and graphic designers, as well as several other ad-hoc tasks.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop a strong understanding of the firm’s culture, philosophy and strategy to help optimize communication across a range of geographical regions thereby supporting strategic and tactical branding activity, maximizing the ability to reach asset raising objectives
- Devise and lead the firm’s marketing and communications strategy to strengthen the IPM brand and continually enhance its recognition across all relevant international stakeholders
- Contribute to and secure the quality of all marketing deliverables such as one pagers, marketing presentations, client reporting (e.g. quarterly reporting), corporate brochure, articles, whitepapers and newsletters as well as press releases and events
- Responsible for website content and relevant social media channels
- In collaboration with compliance, ensure that all external documents adhere to the compliance requirements of each specific market,
- Act as an advisor to media engagement, and maintain senior media relationships,
- Coordinate with relevant internal teams as required across the firm and external industry bodies such as AIMA, CAASA, TAIA as well as other external stakeholders as and when required
Qualifications and Skills:
- 6-10 years of experience in a similar role; ideally an internationally recognized asset manager, bank or Hedge Fund
- Proven success in writing professional web and marketing copy, with the ability to produce compelling and optimized copy while maintaining brand messaging, persuasiveness and readability,
- Track record of devising and implementing branding initiatives
- Excellent communications skills both verbally and in writing (English)
- Strongly beneficial to have comprehensive working knowledge of major social media channels such as Linked In
- Ability to prioritize assignments, based on a broad understanding of the business requirements
- Analytical, with the ability to interpret information, news, data and research quickly – and distil the most important/relevant information to inform unique and innovative new content and creation ideas
- Strategic thinker and team player
- Innovative, creative and a self-starter
The role is to be based in London. Travel to HQ in Stockholm will occur on a regular basis.
Does this sound interesting? Please apply below. We look forward to receiving your application. For more information about the position or the process, please contact Tara Skinner at firstname.lastname@example.org