Due to maternity leave we seek a substitute
Accountant to IPM
IPM Informed Portfolio Management (IPM) is a systematic investment manager founded on the objective of improving institutional allocators’ overall risk adjusted returns. We aim to achieve this by offering uncorrelated and competitive returns to investors worldwide. IPM’s flagship strategy, IPM Systematic Macro, is built on a systematic investment process to model financial markets, predominantly using fundamental data. IPM was founded over 20 years ago and manages, as per end of May 2020, $2.4bn for major institutional investors globally in its flagship strategy. We are over 70 employees, headquartered in Stockholm, and have offices in London and New York.
The Accountant position is a mid-level position within IPM assisting the Head of Finance and the Chief Operating Officer in the Finance Department. As accountant at IPM you interact with all departments and staff at the company, in Stockholm as well as with our colleagues in London and New York. IPM is a fast-paced company so there will always be new things to learn and different ways to develop within the role. Within the Finance department we work close together and share an interest in our job and in delivering value to the organisation. We enjoy what we do and have fun at work. The position will cover for an employee being absent due to maternity leave. We look for someone that can join us October 1st 2020 and stay until last of March 2022.
The Accountant will work closely with the Head of Finance and the financial assistant as well as occasionally assist the Chief Operating Officer in matters related to Finance.
The role will have overall responsibility for two subsidiaries (in London and New York) as well as working operationally with the ongoing accounting for the Parent Company. The role therefore requires appreciation of varying workdays and an interest in giving the best possible service. An interest in continuous improvements is deeply appreciated by colleagues within the organization.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Daily accounting and reconciliations
- Reconciliation of bank- and tax accounts
- Periodical closing of books, and hence, reporting (for IPM AB as well as the foreign units) in the consolidated system “AARO” to the Parent Company Catella
- Analysis and comprehension of financial information through monthly reconciliations of balance and profit and loss reports
- Cash flow forecasts for the IPM Group as well as on an individual level
- Tax reporting (VAT, payroll, sales list ”periodisk sammanställning”)
- Reporting supporting documents regarding salary, vacation days, pension, payroll tax etc. within every monthly payroll process to Ekonomiakuten AB
- Respond to requested information from “Försäkringskassan”
- Reporting to the “Statistiska Centralbyrån (SCB)”
- Yearly recalculate VAT allocation key (“fördelningsnyckeln”)
- Fora reporting and “kontrolluppgifter”
- Preparing annual accounts, income tax returns and other annual financial accounting tasks and procedures within the department
- Involved in continuous improvements within the financial accounting and monitoring of upcoming accounting issues
Qualifications and Skills:
- A Finance professional with at least 4-5 years of experience with accounting and salary administration
- Excellent communications skills in English, both in speech and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize assignments, based on a broad understanding of the business requirements
- Analytical, with the ability to interpret information and data quickly.
- Appreciates working in Excel and has a vast system interest as well as experience of working in a few ERPs.
- Experience in Visma is meritorious.
- A fundamental focus on quality and development.
- Innovative, creative and a self-starter
- High level of discretion
- Enjoys a collaborative way of working
The role is to be based in Stockholm.
We seek to hire ambitious, talented, creative and tenacious individuals, who are motivated by continuous learning and in developing their talent together with us. We are committed to diversity at all levels and welcome applicants of all backgrounds and genders. The people working at IPM have diverse backgrounds and contribute with individual perspectives, which broaden our views, keep us curious, improve decision-making and make IPM a more interesting place to work.